Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back to Work for Daddy

Ryan went back to work yesterday. I know it was tough for him... me too. So yesterday it was just me and my girl. It wasn't too bad, though I didn't get anything accomplished. Mom took the day off today to help me out a bit. She cleaned Piper's bathroom for me, went to Walgreens with us, and helped me organize Piper's room a little more. It was a big help. Especially when I wanted to take a shower and when Piper insisted on a bottle while I was trying to pick up. We're by ourselves again tomorrow, but Friday Mom has off. So Friday Mom, Piper and I will be venturing out. We're going to open a savings account for Piper. Then we're going to head to MGM so the girls I was working with can meet Piper (Daddy will be there too) and so we can watch the parade (it has a new opening unit that I haven't seen yet for the new movie Cars).

It's really amazing how much one tiny little person can affect your life. I knew she would, but I never imagined it would be this much. I find myself staring at her when she's doing nothing more than napping, holding her just because I don't want to put her down and smiling at her when again she's just sleeping. I can see it in Ryan's eyes too. He is head over heels for his little girl. He is a GREAT Dad. And I can tell that he feels the same way I do. Being a mother is the toughest job anyone will ever have, but it's also the most important and most rewarding. I finally know how my mother feels. I hope that I am as good at this job as she is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
Now you know how demanding a child can be, but we all have had your exact feelings, isn't it wonderful, to hold her and not want to put her down!
Love, Aunt Rocki

Anonymous said...

Kristie,

You're making me cry!

Love you,

Aunt Tina

just a mom said...

I clicked the button for "Next Blog" and came across our site. Hope you don't mind my reading.... I am a mother of three and I know EXACTLY how you feel when it comes to wanting to hold the baby and just stare at her all day long!
Next time you are alone with her and you need to take a shower, just take her with you. It was one of my favorite things to do with my kids and they loved it! I would sing to them and it was just nice to hold them and relax in the warm water.

Good luck! Your daughter is beautiful! Enjoy your time with her!
~Jenn