Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Working

So after reading Rusty's comment I realized I should probably explain the work situation for this time around. First let me tell you about last time. I was a full time character when we found out Piper was on the way. I was around 4 months along when I decided I no longer could be in costume. Since I was full time they found me a new "sitting" location to work at. I was the entertainment scheduling receptionist. So, I was able to work right up until the day before Piper was born. This time, I am a part time character. So, when I can no longer be in costume this time around I have to take medical leave. And again, since I am part time I won't be able to collect short-term disability like I did last time (during that medical leave OR after I have the baby). So the plan for now is that I will take my medical leave around Octoberish, which is when places should be starting to hire for seasonal holiday help. I'll get a job as a cashier or something in a retail location and about the time when they no longer need me for holiday help, it'll be almost time to have the baby! So it should work out perfect. Ryan is looking for an additional job now because; 1) We need the extra income right now 2) Chances are, wherever I find a seasonal job, will be a pay cut and we'll need to supplement it 3) when I can no longer work, we still need the income I am currently making. So Ryan has applied at a couple places (Target and WalMart) for an overnight stocking position. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that everything works out as well as we are hoping it will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your plan works out well and that you both are successful in getting jobs. Are you feeling any better? Hope so. Good Luck!!!

Love, Rusty

ela712 said...

I can't wait to hear how things turn out for you guys. I'm sure the excitement of a new addition to the Kirsch family keeps you both very centered!

Jen said...

If Ryan goes to Target (which would be a better choice than Walmart) and needs a reference he can put my name down. I left on really good terms and was super happy with working there. You get a 10% discount, as well as other perks. They love hard workers and those people are rewarded and recognized well at Target. I got promoted to a trainer job without even having to apply just because they noticed my work ethic. Let me know if he has any questions.