Sunday, December 14, 2008

32 Weeks and Counting Down the Days!

Now for another baby update! I am now 32 weeks (8 months) along. I'm getting very impatient and really am just ready for him to be here, but for health he needs to stay in there for at least 3 more weeks. The glucose test that I talked about in the last post was normal as expected. But they found that I am anemic (AGAIN). Not a big deal really, I was anemic with Piper as well and it just means I have to take iron supplements along with my prental vitamins. This is nothing that affects Casey, just me, he takes all of what he needs and I get the leftovers. At my appointment this past week I found out I have gained 22lbs so far... I only gained 20 total (and lost 2 at the end) with Piper, but I had a much lower starting weight this time, so I needed to gain more. His heartbeat was right on track too with 152bpm. My belly measured a litte bit small, so as a precaution we are having another sonogram at the next appointmet (Christmas Eve Morning). My doctor is not very concerned and thinks that it just just due to my petite size, but she wants to be safe. I certainly don't feel like I'm any smaller than I was with Piper, in fact I feel like I'm a little bigger. Tomorrow is our tour of the hospital and when we will pre-register for delivery. I delivered Piper at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Women and Babies. A few weeks later Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies opened right across the street. So I will be at a different (and beautiful) hospital this time, which is why there is a need for a tour. Piper is still just as excited as ever, talking to him and about him all the time. Again, I'm still not sure that she completely gets it.

In other news I'm very excited because as of Friday, Ryan is on vacation (from Disney, not Target) for 3 weeks! He had so much vacation time built up that he kinda HAD to take it. We don't have much planned for the extra time together; probably just preparing for Casey and enjoying the holidays. Although, we do plan to take Piper to see her first movie in a theater later this week. We're going to see Bolt, the latest Disney movie, and afterwards we'll probably go over to the Studios to meet the characters from the movie. Ryan also has a tentative week of vacation set aside for when Casey is born. His manager will let him move the week accordingly. It will be nice to have him home that week to help with all the adjustments (both for Piper and us).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great prego update ... look at that beautiful belly! We found our "The Elf on the Shelf" in TN but I recently saw them at "The Learning Express Toys" you can also get them from their website (it's the same price). www.elfontheshelf.com. The website is ADORABLE and I'm sure Piper would like exploring the interactive site as well! We registered our elf and his name on their website; it's cute, they have scrolling list of the family and the elf they adopted. I hope you're able to start this tradition next year, however I have a hard time believing that an adorable little girl like Piper could ever misbehave! :o)

ela712 said...

You look so great and as radiant as ever! What a great looking belly!