Sunday, January 11, 2009

36 Weeks and Ready!

As of today I am 36 weeks (9 months). At 35 weeks I was considered full-term. That means if I were to go into labor now, they wouldn't try to stop it. I am now going to the doctor every week until I deliver. At this past week's appointment I was 1/2 cm dilated and nothing else really had much progression toward labor yet. The doctor said that is exactly where I should be, but I was hoping to hear that I was much closer. Of course, things could be completely different now, as things can easily change overnight. I'm walking as much as my back allows me hoping that it will help get me closer to labor. Of course, the back pains have only worsened as it gets closer. I have been getting braxton hicks occasionally; at least a few each day, but yesterday afternoon I had about 4 in a little over an hour's time. I've also been completely exhausted, needing a nap with Piper pretty much everyday. I'm really just ready, I want him here and I don't want to wait too much longer. Piper still talks about him all the time and seems to be excited. I try to talk to her everyday about what will happen when it's time for him to come out. I tell her where she's going to stay and that she will be able to visit us etc. I think at this point we've done as much as we can to prepare her, now we just have to hope for the best. Well, everyone keep your fingrs crossed for an early (and safe/healthy) delivery! We'll keep you posted and of course pictures will be posted within hours of his birth (there's wi-fi in the hospital).

4 comments:

ela712 said...

You're looking great! I can't wait to hear the news.

Anonymous said...

You look like you can't wait to have that little one! Hope you have an easy time and it sounds like you have Piper all prepared for the event. Will she stay with your Mom and Dad? Hope all goes well and keep me posted when you can.

Love, Rusty

Tiamaree80 said...

You're looking great. Wish you were feeling better.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you! You look wonderful and so does your belly. :o)