Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dance Class!

Yesterday was Piper's first dance class. Mommy did a lot of research to find a really good studio and one that wasn't too far from home. Daddy took her to register for class about 2 weeks ago and she's been asking about when she gets to dance ever since. She was really excited (and so was Mommy) for her first class at In Motion Dance Project. Her teacher Miss Emily was very nice. Piper got to do ballet and tap. She loved tap, probably just because of all the noise she got to make. We weren't able to watch, but we knew she had fun cause she came out of her class with a huge smile on her face. There are only 2 other girls in her class (at least for now), so she'll get a lot of attention and learn very quickly. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of their little dancer!



6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my god, I'm so excited. I think I peed my pants. I've been waiting for this day since she was born! I forgot she was already old enough. And of course she likes tap, its only the best type of dance (she's going to take after her auntie since tap was never her mommy's favorite). Oh geese, I have so many questions. Is there a recital? Does she have all her shoes? What about a dance bag? I could go on and on. Can't wait to hear about it.

Kristie said...

There is a recital, I believe it's at the end of May. She does have all her shoes.... and her tap shoes are tan, they don't do black patent leather for the little ones anymore. She used her Elmo backpack as her dance bag this week. But she picked out some fabric for me to make a bag, so she should have a new homeade dance bag by next class.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Piper is old enough to take dance. Am absolutely thrilled as I remember you, Kristie, when you first started dance. I loved all your recitals. When she has a recital, hope you will put some of it on the blog so I can see it. Give her my love- am so glad she is excited.

Love, Rusty

Tiamaree80 said...

What a doll...she looks just like you did twenty years ago, Kristy!

ela712 said...

To cute! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Piper dancing in the future, keep us posted!

JJ and Kristin said...

She is so cute in that dance outfit!!

Believe it or not I am actually excited to see that recital, after how much I hated watching all of yours and Jens at the time, I never thought I would want to see another.