Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Cakes!

Over the past 2 weeks I have done 3 cakes for friends. I'm so proud with how all of them came out. There are so many pictures that I decided to make a slideshow to show you, otherwise it would take me all day to do one blog entry. So the first cake was for a friend for her parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary and Vow Renewal. I did a modern replica of their original wedding cake. It was my first time doing gum paste roses and also my first tiered cake. I think I did pretty good! The second cake was for a friend's daughter; for her second birthday. She said to me, "Do whatever you want, Livi is a girly-girl, you have a daughter, you know what little girls like." So I made a garden for Livi and I LOVE the way it turned out. The last cake was for a friend's birthday. She wanted the cake to match her dress. I'm really happy with how it came out despite some problems I had with it along the way.



In other news, Casey got his first tooth (bottom right) last Thursday (9/3). I haven't been able to get any pictures of it cause it's not really visible when he smiles yet.

4 comments:

Tiamaree80 said...

You are awesome, girl! They are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow ... the cakes are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cakes!! Where did you learn to do such lovely works of art? Did you take lessons or did it just come naturally. You could go into the baking business!!!

Take care,

Rusty

ela712 said...

How wonderful. They all look great!